Thursday 15 March 2012

Chateau Chateau Columns Grenache 2007 - Barossa Valley, Australia

The colour is seriously light, the only other Grenache I have seen at this lightness versus richness is the Chateau Rayas which commands a much higher price. The nose has some sweet oak, dry earth and some minty chocolate aromas. On initial tasting, the wine has an incredible richness, almost fortified like in texture. It makes one look twice at the colour again. The ending backs away from the richness and goes to an elegant, spicy acid drive that carries the flavour all the way. One of the most powerful Grenache wines I have tasted from Australia. A$70/bottle

95 Points

1 comment:

  1. I can tell that you will get the top selection of most excellent wines on earth, as being a connoisseur that I am, I can convey that you can hit upon the finest assortment of most excellent wine and champagne on earth http://www.classewines.com/t-loire-valley.aspx.

    ReplyDelete